Last Updated on October 2, 2022 by Share My Kitchen
Instant Pot Creamy Tomato Soup is one of the most delicious recipes I have tried in my new electric pressure cooker, the Instant Pot. Comfort food here we come!
A lot of families are all about soups. And, even though the soup is more commonly eaten in cooler months, soup can still be delicious during the warmer months.
What’s not to like about soup? Seriously. It is versatile, easy to make, and works well with any ingredients you have in your pantry and fridge. And also, if you are a mom, soup is one of the best ways to get more vegetables into your children’s bellies.
Instant Pot is Amazing!
Moreover, the Instant Pot will be a friend to any soup lover. You will find that you haven’t made soup in any other content within a year. And that’s a lot of soup. Once you have started using your pot to make delicious batches of chicken broth to store in your freezer, it will be so simple to make comfort soups, like blended soups and meaty soups.
You can now add tomato soup to your repertoire. This soup is very easy to make with things commonly found in a pantry. It is a soup that you could make whenever you feel a craving without worrying about the availability of the right tomatoes. The list of ingredients you need are things you might keep on hand.
However, a bit of change in your grocery shopping list will make making tomato soup easier: buy organic canned diced tomatoes. Do not buy canned sauce, canned whole tomatoes, canned crushed tomatoes, canned diced tomatoes, etc.
Purchase organic diced tomatoes as they can be used for all kinds of dishes. They can be used in chili, soup, and many other dishes. To make salsa, they are combined with fresh tomatoes. They are also great for large pots of marinara and small batches of pizza sauce.
And now you may use them to make creamy tomato soup!
Then, you can pair it with French bread toasted with butter and cheddar. It really goes well with this soup. Truthfully, you can pair the bread with any soup.
Instant Pot Creamy Tomato Soup Recipe
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||7 minutes (under pressure)|
|Total Time||58 minutes|
|Yield||5 1.5 C servings|
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 4 14.5 oz cans of organic diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 C chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 1/2 C heavy cream
- First, heat the Instant Pot on Sauté setting. Melt the butter, then cook the onions for 5 minutes, or until they are tender and starting to brown.
- Over the onions, add the tomatoes, sugar, chicken broth, and basil. Stir to properly combine. Cover the Instant Pot with the lid, and let it cook for 7 minutes on high pressure.
- You do a quick release or let the pressure be released naturally. Both methods work, and only depend on your urgency. The end result won’t be affected. Transfer the soup to a blender carefully, and blend until smooth. Then, pour the soup back into the Instant Pot.
- Add the heavy cream.
- Lastly, you can serve immediately with grated Parmesan, croutons, or bread (optional).
- The serving size is 1 1/2 cups of soup. However, you might eat less than that per meal.