Last Updated on October 3, 2022 by Share My Kitchen
Instant Pot spicy sausage and lentil soup are made with andouille sausage, lentils, and chopped vegetables. It is hearty and delicious. It is also quick and easy to prepare in your Instant Pot.
Everyone! This soup is incredible. It is a great source of flavor, and it’s not too bad on the nutritional scale as well.
You just need sausage, veggies, lentils, and broth. DONE.
The soup is full of flavor and kick. You can say that around kids, so they won’t get scared by the word “spicy.”
This soup is a warming soup, and if you are still experiencing warmer seasons, it might be the time to whip this up. However, soup is frankly too good not to make any time of the year. Plus, you can eat it while wishing for fall to come around. Turn up the ceiling fan, hand over more cornbread, and give someone a second serving!
Instant Pot Spicy Sausage and Lentil
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
|Total Time||25 minutes|
- 2 andouille sausage
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 C chopped mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 C uncooked lentils
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 14.5oz can of diced tomatoes
- 3 C chicken broth
- First, set the Instant Pot to Sauté and heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Once the Instant Pot is hot, add the sausage and brown both sides. While you are browning the sausage, chop the vegetables and add each (onions, carrots, and mushrooms) to the pot once they are ready.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the Instant pot (lentils through broth). Then, cover the Instant Pot, and turn the valve to sealing. Cook the soup for 20 minutes on high pressure.
- Quick release the pressure. Then, cut the sausage into pieces, about 1/2 inch each. Put the chopped sausage back in the pot and, finally, serve immediately.