I am so happy that I found this delicious and healthy recipe for all of you. This healthy Instant Pot Chicken Zoodle Soup will quickly become your favorite fall or winter soup. You can easily change this recipe by adding a variety of ingredients to it such as spinach, onions, beans, etc. You will be amazed at how fast and easy it is to cook it in your pressure cooker.
Soup is something a family might enjoy all year. It’s so comforting and warming. And it is so delicious and healthy. This chicken zoodle soup is a variation of the chicken noodle recipe.
The best thing about this recipe? The Instant Pot does everything! It can make the soup quickly, but it will still taste like it’s been simmering over the stove for hours. To start cooking the vegetables, use the sauté feature. Then, add the broth and chicken. It’s so simple and the chicken shreds perfectly.
How to Store or Freeze the Soup
This soup can be used for meal prep for the whole week or as a frozen meal. Let the soup cool, then store it in an airtight container kept in a refrigerator for up to 3-5 days. You can keep the zucchini separate until you are ready to serve the soup.
Let the soup cool completely before you freeze it. Then, fill an airtight container 3/4 of the way full. Don’t forget that it needs room to expand as it freezes. Keep it in the freezer for up to 3 months. Once you are ready to serve, let the frozen mixture thaw in the refrigerator before heating on the stovetop.
Instant Pot Chicken Zoodle Recipe Card
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
|Total Time||35 minutes|
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 4 Carrots cut into rounds
- 3 Celery Stalks diced
- 1 Yellow Onion diced
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 lbs Chicken Breast
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 3 sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- 1 sprig Fresh Rosemary
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Lemon halved; seeds removed
- 2 Small Zucchini spiralized; or one large
- Set Instant Pot to “sauté” mode and add the oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the celery, onion, carrots, and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes, then press the “off” button.
- Other than the lemon and zucchini, add the rest of the ingredients to the Instant Pot.
- Put the lid on and seal the steam valve. Switch to ‘manual or pressure cook’ mode and set the timer for 15 minutes.
- Make your zucchini noodles with a spiralizer while you’re still cooking. Then, place them in the bottom of your serving bowls.
- Once the timer is done, release the steam according to Instant Pot instructions. Then, remove the lid.
- Take out the rosemary, bay leaves, and thyme stems. Throw them away.
- Then, use two forks to shred the chicken and stir these back into the soup.
- In the soup, squeeze half of the lemon to add the juice.
- Ladle chicken soup over the zoodles in each bowl. Add lemon wedges to the side and serve.