Last Updated on October 1, 2022 by Share My Kitchen
You are in a treat with this easy Instant Pot apple soup with butternut squash recipe. It will surely become a family favourite. It’s delicious, healthy, and very economical!
You may usually serve the soup with bread to dip and wipe up any remaining streaks in the bowl. Grilled cheese is a great option if you have sandwich bread. However, if bread is not available, you can always rely on a pan of cheesy drop cookies or French bread.
How to Make Instant Pot Apple Soup with Butternut Squash
An instant pot is used to make this soup. This means there is one dish to clean, and it can be started quickly. Then, you can go and do other things while it cooks. You may also use a stovetop to make this soup.
The soup is best finished with fresh cream or homemade yoghurt. However, both are optional. For some crunch, you could add some roasted sunflower or pumpkin seeds, or croutons to the soup.
Instant Pot Apple Soup with Butternut Squash Recipe
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
|Total Time||25 minutes|
|Yield||4 to 6 servings|
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 large apple, peeled and cubed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 C chicken broth or stock
- 1/4 C heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- First, sauté the onion in Instant Pot for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the squash, garlic, apple, and salt. Mix well to combine.
- Pour in 2 cups of chicken broth. Cook at high pressure for 4 minutes. Then, do a quick release of the pressure.
- Blend the soup. Mix in 1/4 cup of heavy cream and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup.
- Optional: Top with a dollop of fresh whipped cream, or plain yoghurt.