Last Updated on January 20, 2023 by Share My Kitchen
One thing always stands out when I look at daim cake picture online: the perfect combination of almond flour sponge biscuit and delicate buttercream. The first time I spotted this treat at the bakery, I was so surprised. How is that possible? What’s even better is that the recipe is easy to follow and you can easily make your daim cake with this recipe.
Daim Cake Recipe
You can easily make a daim cake from the comfort of your own home! Using simple ingredients and instructions, anyone can make this delicious and adorable treat.
Ingredients for Daim Cake
- 6 pcs egg whites
- Salt, pinch
- 8 tbsp sugar (120g)
- 13.4 tbsp almond flour (200g)
- 6 pcs egg yolks
- 6.7 tbsp sugar (100g)
- Salt, pinch
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6.7 tbsp heavy sour cream (100g)
- 10 tbsp whipping cream (150ml)
- 8 tbsp butter (120g)
- 13.4 tbsp milk chocolate (200g)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
Method for Making Daim Cake
- First, separate the egg yolks and whites into two clean, dry bowls. You must ensure that not even a drop of yolk mixes with the whites.
- Mix in the sugar and salt to the whites, and whip for 3 to 6 minutes until they are glossy and white. If the container is turned, it shouldn’t fall.
- Add the almond flour to the mass in 2 to 3 passes with a silicone spatula. Keep in mind to move from the bottom to the top.
- Get your molds. Make 3 layers of cake using the molds for an 18cm (7.09 inches) mold; 2 layers for an 20-22cm (7.87-8.66 inches) mold.
- Draw the desired shape on the parchment with a pencil. Then, pour the mass into the circles, and evenly spread with a spatula. Depending on the size of the mold, you will end up with 2 to 3 layers of cake.
- Bake the layers of cake for 17 minutes at 338°F (170°C), until they are golden brown.
- Once the sponge biscuit has been baked, allow it to cool completely before removing them from the parchment.
- Mix the egg yolks, sugar, vanilla, and sour cream in a saucepan.
- Next, heat the cream in the microwave for 1 minute. And once it has been heated, pour the cream into the saucepan in a thin stream, and stir vigorously.
- Put the saucepan over medium heat, and cook until you see the first bubbles.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, cover the mass with film in contact, and let it cool in the fridge for an hour.
- After one hour, whip the cream for one minute at maximum speed.
- Then, add the butter, and continue whipping for 2 minutes more until it becomes thick. IMPORTANT: the butter and cream must be at the same temperature, so do not heat the butter!
Daim Cake Assembly
- Spread the cream on each layer of the cake, then assemble it.
- After assembling the cake, cover the finished cake with chocolate glaze. You just need to melt the chocolate and combine it with the oil to make the glaze.
- You can also add crispies or nuts to the chocolate or use these to decorate the cake.
In conclusion, I think you will be impressed with this daim cake recipe. You just need simple ingredients and a few minutes of your time. Not only my family but also my friends loved this daim cake recipe. So don’t forget to give it a try!