Last Updated on October 14, 2022 by Share My Kitchen
You already know about the rich, buttery, and irresistible pecan pie, right? Well, this Dark Chocolate Pecan Pie is even better!
Pie is definitely the reason people come to Thanksgiving dinner. Really, let’s just get past the formalities and get on to the main event: pies!
There are so many gorgeous-looking pies at Thanksgiving. Because you usually can’t decide which pie you like best, you end up eating a little bit of each.
Then, you will feel sick because your stomach is full. Well, your problem will be solved with this chocolate pecan pie. After tasting this pie, you will never want to eat another pie.
The classic pecan pie gets a twist, and you will take it to the next level. You may be wondering how you will do this: just add chocolate! Because chocolate in anything is the best!
This chocolate pecan pie is a combination of sweet chocolate flavor and crunchy texture of pecans, which makes it the best chocolate pecan pie you will ever taste!
You will be craving it, whether you are making it for Christmas, Thanksgiving, or Pi-day!
What is dark chocolate pecan pie?
This chocolate pecan pie tastes exactly like the original, but it has a chunky dark Dove chocolate bar that is added to make it even more delicious.
How long does dark chocolate pecan pie last?
About ten minutes when served at home! It’s great to have leftovers, they’re the best. It can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days. However, it’s not really likely to last that long.
Can you freeze dark chocolate pecan pie?
Yes, definitely! Just cover the pie with tin foil, then freeze. You can store it in the freezer for up to 2 months.
How can you get the kids involved with this recipe:
- Ages 2 and 3: Let your children pour the ingredients into the pie batter. They can also help to stir the mixture together. Then, let them open the wrapper and unwrap the chocolate.
- Ages 4 and 5: Let your children help you measure the ingredients for the filling. This recipe is a great opportunity to teach them about fractions!
- Ages 6 to 8: Let them help cut the chocolate bars. It is possible that they may be attracted to the chocolate bars and want to snack on them.
- Ages 9 to 11: Watch them as they make the whole recipe. Before they begin the recipe, make sure that they have read it at least twice.
- Ages 12 and above: Let your children prepare the whole recipe unsupervised while you dance in the corner!
The Flavor and Recipe Variations:
- You can use a great homemade crust recipe instead of using a frozen crust.
- Semi-sweet, milk and even white chocolate can be substituted for dark chocolate. Then, choose three kinds of chocolate to make the pie fancy.
- Serve the pie with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
What to Serve with Dark Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Instant Pot Turkey Breast
- One hour Dinner Rolls
- Instant Pot Turkey Gravy
- French-Bread Stuffing Recipe
- Jenna’s Naughty Mashed Potatoes Recipe
How long is this pie good for
- Serve: Once the pie is completely cooled, you can keep it at room temperature for up to 2 hours. It will then need to be chilled.
- Store: Keep the pie covered with saran wrap tightly or in an airtight container to store it in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Freeze: Cover the pie with tin foil and freeze it for up to 2 months.
- To Reheat: Bake the pie for 20 minutes in a 250°F oven, or until it is cooked through.
- Mixing bowl
- Wire rack
- 9 inch deep-dish frozen pie crust thawed for 20 minutes
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole pecans
- 6 ounces Dove dark chocolate bar chopped into small pieces
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
- Place the oven rack in a lower-middle position. Then, preheat the oven to 375°F.
- The edges of the thawed pie dough should be re-crimped. This is a great way to give your pie a more homemade look.
HOW TO MAKE THE FILLING:
- First, in a medium bowl, combine the melted butter, brown sugar, eggs, corn syrup, vanilla, and salt using a whisk. Fold in the pecans and chocolate pieces. Then, pour filling into the pie crust.
- Bake the pie for 25 mins. Then, take it out of the oven and cover it with foil. Place the pie back into the oven for another 20-25 minutes, or until the filling is set and jiggles slightly.
- Let the pie cool to room temperature on a wire rack for 4 hours. Then, serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.