Last Updated on September 20, 2022 by Share My Kitchen
Potbelly is renowned for making delicious sandwiches. The Potbelly Mediterranean sandwich is especially well-loved! If you love this sandwich too, (pregnant or not pregnant) then be sure to enter the giveaway at the bottom of this post in order to win one full year’s supply of Mediterranean sandwiches along with healthier chips.
Potbelly Mediterranean Sandwich Recipe
|Prep Time||20 mins|
|Cook Time||10 mins|
|Total Time||30 mins|
|Servings||1 to 2|
- For the Red Pepper Hummus:
- 1 Cup Canned Garbanzo Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 Large Jarred Roasted Red Pepper roughly chopped
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- For the Sandwich:
- ½ Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Portabella Mushroom thinly sliced
- 1 Teaspoon Chopped Fresh Oregano
- 1 Demi Baguette sliced in half lengthwise
- 4-6 Tablespoons Red Pepper Hummus
- ¼ Cup Thinly Sliced Jarred Roasted Red Peppers
- 3 Whole Canned Artichoke Hearts quartered
- 2 Slices Cheddar/ ¼ Cup Feta Cheese Crumbles
- 6 Slices of Cucumber
- 2 Tablespoons Sliced Black Olives
- Lettuce Tomato, Pickle, Oil, Vinegar (optional)
- First, add the garbanzo beans, roasted red pepper, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes to a food processor to make the hummus. Blend until the pieces are roughly equal in size. Then, drizzle the olive oil and puree until smooth. Keep the bowl aside for later.
- Add olive oil to a medium skillet (or pan). Then, heat over medium heat for about a minute or two. Add the mushrooms to the skillet, and sauté mushrooms for about 5-7 minutes, or until they are golden and cooked through. Add chopped oregano to the mushrooms to season, stir, and sauté for another minute. Take the pan off the heat.
- Next, set the broiler on high. And keep the door open slightly.
- Assemble your sandwich. On each side of the baguette, spread about 3 tablespoons of hummus. Layer the bottom slice of the baguette with the mushrooms, roasted red pepper, and artichokes. Then, cover in cheese.
- Put your sandwich under the broiler for 3 minutes until you have melted cheese.
- Lastly, add cucumbers and olives to the sandwich. You can also add lettuce, tomato, pickles, oil, and vinegar, or any other toppings that you like. Then, place the other half of the baguette on top. Cut in half, then enjoy or share.