Last Updated on September 30, 2022 by Share My Kitchen
This is an amazingly quick, easy, and delicious recipe for Instant Pot kale soup!
This soup is tasty, and you should make it for lunch or dinner. Or both. It will be totally acceptable.
This soup has many of the best ingredients, including cream, sausage, warm broth, and delicious vegetables. These are all things that you can buy at your local grocery store.
You can buy a package of kielbasa and add it to your regular meal planning/grocery list rotation. Not only that it’s easy to make as a quick breakfast or a family favorite dinner if you cook a few pieces, but you can also cook several pieces with onions, peppers, and a pot of sausage and kale soup.
This Instant Pot soup is seriously amazing, and don’t forget to pair it with bread and butter as these go well with warm soups. You could probably lick the bowl clean! But it isn’t recommended. You might get soup all over your eyebrows and nose, which could make it a little awkward.
Instead, enjoy the creamy-brothy goodness as nature intended it. Get some freshly baked pieces of crust or biscuit.
- Whole wheat sandwich loaves
- one-hour French bread
- cheesy drop biscuits
Instant Pot Kale Soup Recipe Card
- 1 lb chopped sausage (kielbasa or sweet Italian)
- 1 onion, diced
- 3–4 carrots, diced
- 1 C uncooked brown rice
- 2 C chopped kale
- 4 C chicken broth
- 1/2 C heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- Sauté the chopped sausage in the Instant Pot. The sausage should cook during the time you chop 1 onion and dice 3-4 carrots while stirring once or twice. Then, add the prepared carrots and onion. Sauté for another 3-4 minutes.
- Mix in 1 cup of uncooked
- , 2 cups of chopped kale, and 4 cups of chicken broth. Place the cover and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Then, quick release and uncover. In a small mixing bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of flour and 1/2 cup of heavy cream. Pour the cream mixture into your soup and stir. And allow it to cook for 5 more minutes, or until it thickens.
- Salt to taste (as needed) and serve immediately.