Mint Oreo Bark is an absolutely delicious treat, and it only needs four ingredients. It will always be the first thing to go on dessert plates!
You will soon find this to be a household favorite!
The Mint Oreo Chocolate Bar is a great treat to make during the holidays. You will need to make two batches, one enough to keep at home, and another for your friends and neighbors.
This easy bark recipe is both delicious and addictive. Go ahead and try it!
How to make Mint Oreo Chocolate Bark
This brilliant recipe only requires four ingredients. Below, on the recipe card, are the exact measurements and directions.
- Prepare the Oreos: Breaking them into small pieces. It is simple to do this with your hands, so you don’t have to get your food processor.
- Melt the white chocolate: You can find more tips and tricks provided below.
- Add the color and flavor: You are going to add some mint extract and green food coloring.
- Spread it and allow it to set up: It is quick and easy to set up, so an absurd amount of patience is not necessary.
- Take it apart and enjoy!
Melting White Chocolate
The melting of white chocolate chips might prove to be the most difficult part of this recipe. Sometimes, white chocolate can seize up if it is heated too much or gets water in it. It can go from being smooth and creamy to becoming rough and difficult to work with.
These are some great tips to keep the white chocolate delicious and happy:
- Follow the instructions on the package. This is your best chance to make this work.
- Mix like you have never mixed before. You should not put the chocolate back in the microwave if there are still chunks. Instead, stir it really hard. You may just need to stir it a bit more, and not melt it more.
- Use a microwave to melt the chocolate instead of heating it on the stovetop. Double boilers are more likely to risk moisture getting into the chocolate and causing it to seize.
What to do if your chocolate does seize?
You can easily fix chocolate if you have done everything right and your chocolate still seizes. You just need to add some vegetable shortening to the mixture, stirring it in really well. This should resolve the problem.
Mint vs. Peppermint Extract
Technically, this recipe is Mint Oreo Bark. Therefore, you should probably use mint extract. Both, however, are great options in this recipe. It will give you delicious results.
It is understandable that some people prefer one to the other. So, you might want to double-check who you are making it for.
Mint Oreo Bark Recipe Card
- 1/2 of a 15.5 oz package of regular Oreos about 20 cookies
- 24 oz bag of white morsels
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of mint extract depending on how minty you like it
- green food coloring
- First, break the Oreos and put them into a bowl.
- Follow the instructions on the bag as you melt the morsels.
- Add the food coloring and mint quickly. Then, stir in the Oreos.
- Pour the mixture in a pan lined with wax paper and put it in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Take it apart and enjoy!