This recipe makes easy, no-bake, healthy Mint Chocolate Chip Power Protein Balls, and it comes in many flavors. Protein balls make a great afternoon snack for kids or an energy-boosting snack for adults.
When you don’t have the time or energy to cook, protein balls are a lifesaver. These meal prep recipes are great, and they make sure you always have something quick and easy to snack on throughout the week.
What are Chocolate Chip Power protein balls?
Protein balls are small, bite-sized, balls made from oats, nut butter, and honey. You can flavor them with various extracts, frozen dried fruits, chocolate chips, citrus zests, coconut, and many other flavors you can think of.
How can I change up the flavors?
You can become creative if you think about your favorite desserts or ice cream flavors. Just run with it and enjoy! Experiment with different types of extracts or citrus zests. There are so many options. But keep the quantity of the basic ingredients, honey, oats, and nut butter, the exact same. Then, change up the rest.
Can I add more protein?
Yes! You can add protein powder to increase your protein intake. Using the right protein powder will not leave a bad after-taste. Or you can just choose any other protein powder you prefer.
What if I am allergic to nuts?
This is not a problem! It is possible to use sunflower seed butter, or you can blend some dates to make a thick paste instead of cashew butter. You can also use your favorite non-nut spreads in equal amounts.
How to properly store them?
They can be stored in a Ziploc bag, and then put in the freezer. You can also store them in Tupperware containers and put them in the refrigerator.
How long do the Chocolate Chip Power protein balls keep?
They can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months, and in the refrigerator for approximately 1 week. They won’t last as long, as everybody will love them!
Chocolate Chip Power balls are great for quick meal prep snacks or healthy snacks for kids.
Mint Chocolate Chip Power Balls Recipe Card
- 2 Cups Quick Cooking Oats
- 2 Tablespoons Dark Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 Cup Cashew Butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1 Teaspoon Mint Extract
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1/2 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips (or regular semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix all ingredients until well combined. If you mix by hand, it is easier to mix the honey and cashew butter first.
- Wet your hands with a bit of water and get a small, golf ball size, amount of dough. Roll the dough to form a ball and place it in a Ziploc bag (gallon size). You can always wash your hands with water if they become sticky.
- Keep the protein balls frozen in a freezer for up to 3 months.
- Allow the protein balls to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes to thaw before you eat them.
This recipe can also be used to make overnight oats. Simply add some chocolate almond milk to your oats to cover them and leave them in the refrigerator overnight.