Last Updated on May 28, 2022 by Share My Kitchen
This amazing recipe with spicy Vodka sauce is originally an Italian known dish, but supermodel Gigi Hadid created 2020 a viral hype with her homemade Gigi Hadid Pasta. After you tried this recipe, you will know why Gigi Hadid Pasta is worth the hype. It’s a simple recipe, that creates an amazing taste.
Why Try The Gigi Hadid Pasta Recipe?
If you ever had Spicy Vodka Pasta at a traditional Italian restaurant, then you will know how delicious it tastes. It turns out that it’s actually hard to figure out the perfect recipe to cook this pasta at home, but Gigi Hadid made it possible, with the step-by-step Instagram Story she posted. The ingredient that makes this sauce so special and gives it an extra kick is Vodka. But even if you don’t want to add the Vodka to this creamy pasta sauce, it will still taste amazing. Believe me, all the other ingredients will also do an amazing job in creating the perfect taste.
Gigi Hadid Pasta Recipe
- Servings: 4
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
- 450g shell pasta
- 1 cup starchy cooking liquid (safe it after you cooked the pasta)
- 1 cup diced red onion (you can also use shallot, withe or yellow onion instead)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 tbsp vodka
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp red paper flakes
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- sea salt
- chopped basil
- First, cook the shell pasta as instructed on the package. Before you drain the cooking liquid, save 1 cup of fluid for later.
- While the pasta is cooking, you can add olive oil into a large pan and saute the diced onion over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes. Then, add the garlic and keep stirring for another minute.
- After that, add tomato paste and let everything cook for 2-3 minutes. Don’t forget to stir.
- If you want to make the recipe with the vodka, then now is the time to add it and cook for 1 minute.
- Next, pour heavy cream into the pan and add red pepper flakes. You should still keep stirring everything because the heavy cream will thicken the sauce within minutes.
- Time to add the pasta and 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid you saved before. Besides that, also add butter and mix everything well together, until the whole pasta is covered with sauce. If you feel like, that the sauce is too thick, then you can pour some more of the pasta water into the pan.
- As the last step, stir in the Parmesan cheese and taste the pasta. Maybe you want to add more flavor with salt and pepper, but that’s up to you.
At the very end, sprinkle some chopped basil on top of the pasta. The creamy and delicious Gigi Hadid Pasta will taste the best, if you serve it immediately!
- As already mentioned, you don’t have to necessarily use Vodka for your sauce. There are other options that will add a special kick to this sauce. Therefore, you can use one part lime or lemon juice, combined with one part apple or grape juice. This will also do an amazing job and will create this special acidic taste the Vodka adds to the sauce.
- If you wish to have a lighter sauce, then you can also use half and half instead of heavy cream, reduce the olive oil to 1 tbsp, skip the butter and use whole wheat pasta.
- In case you don’t have any shell pasta at home and don’t want to run to the store, then you can use any other kind of pasta for this recipe. Shell pasta is just the perfect option because it really makes the sauce stick to it.
- As a side dish for Gigi Hadid Pasta, I recommend light salad or garlic bread and if you want to add some proteins to this recipe, then you can put chicken or shrimp on top.
- Leftovers can easily be stored for up to 3 days, in an airtight container in the fridge. Whenever you want to reheat the pasta, just add some cream and stir over medium heat until warm.