Last Updated on May 2, 2022 by Share My Kitchen
Gemelli pasta with tomatoes, garlic and basil is a well-liked recipe. It is quick and easy to make and it is made with simple, fresh, and delicious ingredients.
This recipe is so simple to make and perfect for busy weeknight dinners when you don’t have much time and you need something quickly on the table.
Why Does This Gemelli Pasta Recipe Work?
- It is quick and simple to put together!
- It takes a great pasta, and combines it with fresh flavors like tomatoes, basil, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Ingredients For Garlic & Tomato Gemelli Pasta
- ½ pound of whole wheat pasta
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese, grated
- 5-6 leaves of basil, torn
- Pasta: this recipe uses Gemelli pasta. But, you may use any pasta.
- Olive oil: This recipe uses extra virgin olive oils, which is the most unprocessed form of olive oil. It is an unrefined, highest-quality olive oil. It also retains more of its original olive flavor because of the way it is made. Plus, It has more vitamins and minerals that are found naturally in olives. But, you could also use a lighter oil.
- Garlic: finely chopped garlic gives this dish a rich flavor. If fresh garlic is not available, use 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Tomatoes: You may use one cup of cherry tomatoes. However, you may chop up one large tomato.
- Parmesan Cheese: Add by sprinkling some on top of cooked pasta and tomatoes.
- Basil leaves: Use five to six leaves.
- Follow the instructions on the package to cook pasta. Then drain the pasta and return it to the pot. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add the tomatoes and garlic. Then sauté for approximately 4 minutes.
- Next, add the ingredients from your skillet to the pasta. And stir well.
- Lastly, add the parmesan cheese to the mixture and garnish with fresh basil.
Quick Tips For The Best Gemelli Pasta
- This recipe was made with whole wheat Gemelli, but you can use your preferred pasta type.
- You can add any protein you like grilled chicken, rotisserie chicken, ground turkey, or beef.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Course: Main Dish
Servings: 4 servings