Last Updated on May 2, 2022 by Share My Kitchen
Busy days, never-ending meetings, and deadlines. This is when you tend to forget your meal prep and grab the closest crappy snacks: chips, pastries, lattes, etc. Where’s the whole food in all that? Nowhere.
This instant pot beef stew recipe is here to the rescue. Throw all your favorite vegetables, beef, and spices into a bowl, and let the instant pot take care of it all.
What to Serve Instant Pot Beef Stews With?
Stews already got everything your body needs: carbs, protein, fat, and fiber. However, you can always spice things up and serve your beef stews with these:
- Boiled broccoli or potatoes
- Brown or white rice
- Whole-wheat or white bread
- Pasta or macaroni
- Mashed potatoes
Instant Pot Beef Stew Recipe
2 lbs beef stew pieces
1 large onion, cut into chunks
2 cups baby carrots
2 cups mushrooms (cut in halves if they are large)
2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
3 Tb. Brown gravy mix
3 Tb. Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning
¼ tsp. celery seed
Salt & Pepper
2 cups beef broth
1. In a large bowl, add stew pieces, onion, carrots, potatoes and mushrooms.
2. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add brown gravy mix, ranch seasoning, and celery seed. Stir well to coat beef and vegetables.
4. Spoon mixture into Instant Pot.
5. Pour beef broth over the mixture.
6. On Instant Pot, select “Manual” and set a timer for 15 minutes.
7. When cook time has finished selecting the “Cancel” button on Instant Pot.
8. Do quick pressures release by carefully turning the pressure valve to the venting position.
9. When all pressure has released, remove the lid.
To thicken broth:
Remove meat and vegetables from Instant Pot and set aside. In a bowl combine 3 Tb cold water and 3 Tb cornstarch. Mix well.
Select the “Sauté” button on the Instant Pot and allow the beef broth to come to a rolling boil.
When the broth has come to a rolling boil, slowly add the cornstarch mixture. Stir with a whisk until desired thickness is achieved.
Select the “Cancel” button on Instant Pot.
Carefully remove the inner pot and pour beef broth mixture over the meat and vegetables.
My Take-Aways From Instant Pot Beef Stew Recipe
I came up with this recipe based on the ingredients that I like. I had never fixed beef stew before so for my first attempt, I chose to make it in the Instant Pot. I really had no idea if I was doing it right or if it would even be edible. I was so excited that it turned out great! It was absolutely delicious and so easy to make too!
I hope you enjoy this post and I encourage you to take the plunge and try this recipe.
Credit to: Sandra G.