Last Updated on May 2, 2022 by Share My Kitchen
Instant Pot Churro Bites–an easy, made from scratch recipe for fluffy churro bites rolled in cinnamon and sugar. A delightful snack or dessert that is perfectly poppable. A creative way to use your Instant Pot egg bites mold.
Instant Pot Churro Bites Recipe
(makes 7 churro bites)
For the batter:
⅓ cup brown sugar
⅓ cup melted butter
1 tsp cinnamon
½ cup milk
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup all purpose flour
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup white sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1. In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the brown sugar, melted butter, cinnamon and milk. Then stir in the baking powder, flour and salt until no white streaks remain.
2. Spray your silicone egg bites mold with non stick cooking spray. Spoon the batter into each mold. They should be about ¾ full. Cover your egg bite mold with foil.
3. Pour 1 cup of water into the bottom of your Instant Pot. Place the egg bites mold on top of a trivet (I use this sling/trivet) and lower into the bottom of the pot.
4. Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 12 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting.
5. Remove the lid and pull out the churro bites. Remove the foil. Place a plate on top of the egg molds. Then flip over the plate and the molds so that the churro bites pop out on top of the plate. Gently push your thumb into silicone mold to pop out the bites.
6. In a bowl or on a plate stir the white sugar and cinnamon together. Roll each of the churro bites in the mixture to coat. Eat and enjoy!
Tips For Making The Best Instant Pot Churro Bites
- Even though silicone bakeware says it’s non-stick you will still need a bit of non-stick cooking spray (like Pam) on the inside your egg bite mold. This will ensure that you can pop out the churro bites with no issues of sticking.
- Don’t use a ton of the spray, just one quick 1/2 second of spray should work.
Fill each of the molds evenly. They’ll be about ¾ full. This will ensure that each churro bite cooks evenly and are the same size.
Don’t quick-release the churro bites. They turn out fluffier with a 10 minute natural pressure release.
- Remove the foil immediately after retrieving the bites from your Instant Pot. This prevents condensation from dripping on top of the bites and “sweating” of the bites.
- Don’t let them sit for much or any time at all before taking them out of the mold.