Last Updated on May 25, 2022 by Share My Kitchen
One would think that stuffed chicken is a holiday meal, but I can guarantee you, with this easy and fast recipe, you can also bring it to your everyday kitchen. Not only is it simple to cook, but also the ingredients you need are either easy to get, or you already have them at home.
Where Does Ruth’s Chris Stuffed Chicken Come From?
As the name already mentions, this juicy stuffed chicken is a popular and special dish at Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse. Although, this restaurant is known for its delicious steaks, the Ruth Chris stuffed chicken couldn’t be missing from the menu. It’s a well-wanted dish and there is a reason for that. Once you’ve tried this recipe you’ll know why. The creamy cheese filling will make you love this recipe.
How To Make Ruth Chris Stuffed Chicken
- Servings: 4
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 450g cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 packet dry Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder (for seasoning)
- Paprika (for color)
- 3 tbsp butter
- Before you start with the stuffing, preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (230°C).
- While the oven is heating up, you can mix the cream cheese and the Worcestershire sauce together in a mixing bowl. Once mixed, add the shredded sharp cheddar cheese and the dry Hidden Ranch seasoning. Mix this together as well, until everything is blended.
- Now, you can start with the chicken breasts. Cut both of the chicken breasts longwise down the middle and stuff half of the creamy cheese mix in each of them.
- After that, bind the chicken breasts with a string together, or use toothpicks, so that the stuffing stays within.
- Next, take a bowl and mix salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika together in it. Sprinkle the mixed seasoning on top of the stuffed chicken breasts.
- Now the chicken breasts are almost ready to go in the preheated oven. But first, put them on a baking sheet with foil and put a little piece of butter on top of the chicken breasts. It will make them crispy on the outside.
- Finally you can put the chicken breasts in the oven and bake them for 30 minutes at 450 degrees Fahrenheit (230°C). Before you take them out, check the internal temperature of the chicken breasts, which should be 165 degrees Fahrenheit (74°C). You can do so with a food thermometer. Also keep in mind, that you should take away the string or the toothpicks before serving.
Time to enjoy the tender and amazingly tasting, homemade Ruth Chris stuffed chicken! If you want to serve it with a side dish, baked potatoes are a great choice for that.