Last Updated on May 26, 2022 by Share My Kitchen
There are so many different ways to prepare pasta on a daily basis and therefore, Fettuccine Weesie will bring a good variety to your plate. Even though this recipe is passed down through generations, this traditional Italian dish didn’t get old and is still extremely popular, all over Italy. So, why not bring it to your kitchen too? This dish is quick and easy to prepare and the whole family will enjoy it.
What Makes Fettuccine Weesie Special?
This recipe basically combines pasta and creamy Alfredo sauce, topped with delicious seafood. The combination of creamy pasta and light shrimp creates a perfect flavorsome match. So, instead of the usual Spaghetti with tomato sauce, Fettuccine Weesie lets you enjoy pasta in a different and tasty way.
Fettuccine Weesie Recipe
- Serves: 3
- Preparation time: 25 minutes
- Cooking time: 50 minutes
- Total time: 75 minutes
- 170g cooked Fettuccine pasta (follow the instructions on the package)
- 85g grated Romano cheese
For The Cream Sauce
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp finely minced garlic
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp white wine
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
For The Lemon Butter Shrimp
- 225g peeled, deveined shrimp
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup small pieces of mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
How To Make The Cream Sauce
- In a medium saucepan melt 1 tbsp of butter over medium heat.
- Then, add 1 tbsp of minced garlic to the melted butter and stir for 30 seconds.
- Next, pour 1/3 cup of heavy cream into the saucepan and keep stirring it.
- Now let the sauce simmer for about 10 minutes on low heat, until it’s thick enough. After that, you can put it aside and let it cool down for 10 minutes.
- Then, add 1 tsp white wine, 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese, and 2 tsp garlic salt.
- Stir the ingredients for 5 minutes, until the sauce reaches a thick and smooth consistency.
- Now you can mix the cooked Fettuccine well with the sauce.
How To Make The Lemon Butter Shrimp
- Use a cast-iron skillet and melt a 1/4 cup of butter in it, over medium heat. Make sure that the butter doesn’t get brown.
- Next, add 2 tsp minced garlic and 1/2 tsp lemon juice to the melted butter. Sauté the ingredients for 30 seconds.
- Afterward, add 1 cup diced green onions and sauté for another 30 seconds.
- Once that is done, cook 225g shrimp and 1/4 cup mushrooms together with the other ingredients for 5 minutes, until the shrimp are fully cooked through.
When everything is ready, serve the creamy Fettuccine with the lemon butter shrimp. For the perfect finish, scatter grated Romano cheese over the Fettuccine Weesie and enjoy the amazing taste!