You can give a fall twist on the traditional Italian Bruschetta. Just make this warm and crispy vegetarian Roasted Pumpkin Bruschetta a seasonal appetizer for holiday dinner parties.
This pumpkin bruschetta combines two of the most popular fall foods: pumpkin and cranberries. It is served on a slice of warm, crunchy ciabatta bread.
This is a seasonal variation of the tomato bruschetta you all will definitely love. It’s also very easy to prepare!
You can have this delicious bruschetta, then a super creamy, seasonal chicken kale and pumpkin pasta for an Italian-style fall dinner.
Alright, let’s focus on the roasted pumpkin bruschetta. The combination of flavors is simply wonderful. It’s all about the sweetness of pumpkin, the freshness of ricotta with aromatic herbs, and the tart cranberry sauce.
All of them combine to create a match made in Heaven.
However, the star is undoubtedly the roasted pumpkin.
To add more richness to the pumpkin, add some Bertolli with Butter. This gives it a buttery finish and a delicate olive oil aroma.
How to Make Roasted Pumpkin Bruschetta
As already mentioned, this amazing bruschetta recipe is easy to make. And it requires only three ingredients, exactly the way proper Italian tradition wants.
First, roast some cubes of pumpkin with crushed garlic, onion, and aromatic herbs.
Char-grill a few pieces of crusty ciabatta bread on a grilling pan.
Add a mix of fresh aromatic herbs and ricotta on top. Then, a few rocket leaves and roasted pumpkin cubes, and some spoonfuls of homemade cranberry sauce.
This roasted pumpkin bruschetta is a great option for vegetarian option at your next holiday dinner party.
Furthermore, they’ll arrive at your table in 30 minutes or less!
Roasted Pumpkin Bruschetta Recipe Card
- 6 slices ciabatta or sourdough bread
- 300 g cubed, peeled, and seeded pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon melted Bertolli with butter
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried chili flakes, optional
- 1 sprig of thyme, teared
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped sage leaves
- a handful of fresh rocket leaves
- 4 tablespoon homemade cranberry sauce
- Sea salt flakes and freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, and line one baking tray using baking paper.
- Mix together the pumpkin cubes, butter, garlic, chili flakes, minced shallot, melted Bertolli with Butter, and thyme leaves in a large bowl. Then, season with salt and pepper, and transfer to the oven tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the pumpkin is tender.
- While you are baking, combine the ricotta and freshly chopped sage leaves in a small bowl. Then, season to taste and leave in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it.
- Next, grill the bread slices until they are golden and crunchy. This takes about 2 minutes on each side.
- Assemble the bruschetta once the pumpkin is ready.
- Spread a spoonful of prepared ricotta on each slice. Then, sprinkle a few rocket leaves over the top, and add a spoonful of roasted pumpkin to top.
- Sprinkle some cranberry sauce on top of each bruschetta. And season with sea salt flakes and freshly cracked black pepper. Serve it immediately.