Last Updated on May 2, 2022 by Share My Kitchen
This easy and simple pressure cooker ribs recipe will make you fall in love with home cooking. The ribs are just as tender and juicy as a real barbeque experience.
Grab your pressure cooker and let’s make those ribs so tender that they fall off the bone.
Dry-Rubbed Baby Back Pressure Cooker Ribs with BBQ Sauce
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1½ pounds baby back ribs (about 1 rack), cut into 3-rib sections
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 cup tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon soy sauce
Directions To Cook Pressure Cooker Ribs
1. Combine the first 6 ingredients to make the dry rub spice blend, and rub the spice blend all over the rib sections.
2. Pre-heat the pressure cooker using the BROWN setting.
3. Add the oil to the cooker and brown the ribs in batches. (Alternately, you can do this in a pan on the stovetop.) Remove the ribs and set aside. Add the onion and bay leaf to the cooker and sauté until the onion starts to soften slightly – about 5 minutes. Pour in the beef stock and place a rack in the bottom of the cooker. Place the browned ribs on the rack, and lock the lid in place. It’s ok to pile the ribs on top of each other in an uneven manner, or to place the ribs in standing up vertically.
4. Pressure cook on HIGH for 30 to 40 minutes.
5. While the ribs are cooking, combine the ketchup, molasses, cider vinegar, tomato paste and soy sauce in a small bowl.
6. Let the pressure drop NATURALLY and carefully remove the lid. Remove the ribs and let them rest on a side plate. While the ribs are resting, pour the ketchup mixture into the cooker with the cooking liquid and return the cooker to the BROWN setting. Simmer the sauce ingredients for about 5 minutes and then return the ribs to the sauce to coat and serve.