Last Updated on May 20, 2022 by Share My Kitchen
This recipe is perfect for eggplant lovers. The crispy eggplant fingers recipe requires very few ingredients, and it is extremely easy to prepare. This is a great way to introduce a fresh twist to an old favorite eggplant recipe.
How do GOOD crispy eggplant fingers taste like
Crispy Eggplant Fingers are crispy on the outside, but juicy inside. It is best paired with sweet chili sauce. However, you can also dip it in any other dipping sauce you prefer. This will make it easy for your children to eat vegetables!
Eggplant Fingers Recipe
This recipe includes step-by-step instructions and steps to create the most delicious eggplant fingers. You will be happy to discover that following this recipe can allow you to make delicious and tasty eggplant fingers.
- 2 pcs. eggplant
- 1 pc. egg
- salt & pepper to taste (for egg coating)
- 1/2 tsp. paprika (or mixed herbs) optional
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 tsp salt (for cornstarch coating)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- oil for frying
- Slice the eggplant into fingers or sticks, and soak the eggplant in water to prevent from darkening. Set aside.
- Crack and whisk the egg in a separate bowl. Then, season it with salt, pepper, and paprika to taste. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Put the cornstarch in a separate bowl. Salt it, then set aside as well.
- BREADING: Dip your eggplant in the egg mixture, and coat it with cornstarch. Dip the eggplant in the egg mixture, then into the breadcrumbs. You may double-dip in the cornstarch (dip in cornstarch from the egg mixture) to get a crisper texture.
- Deep-fry until they are crispy and golden brown.
How to make eggplant fingers taste better?
Add dipping sauce
These crispy eggplant fingers are great with your favorite dipping sauce. This recipe uses sweet chili sauce as the dipping sauce, and it tastes amazing! You may try using ketchup for kids. Another good dip is mayo garlic dipping sauce.
You can use all-purpose flour or rice flour if you don’t have any cornstarch.
If you’re cooking a lot of eggplants, keep them in water to prevent them from darkening. Also, when it is not ready to be cooked, keep it in the water.