Last Updated on May 2, 2022 by Share My Kitchen
Do you need a festive dinner recipe for the whole family? It’s hard to please every member and make it simple enough to feed that many people.
I’ve got this braised chicken recipe that’s just perfect for all family occasions – Christmas, birthdays, graduation – anything!
Celebrate with a touch of tropical orange flavor, enjoy!
Braised Chicken with Fresh Oranges Recipe For The Holidays
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 whole roasting chickens (about 4 lbs. each)
- 4 blood oranges, cut into eighths
- 2 blood oranges cut in halves
- 1 tsp. tumeric
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 3 cloves garlic smashed
- 1 extra large white onion, cut into eighths
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 packet dry Italian dressing seasoning
- 1/2 cut chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Season the chickens with salt, pepper, paprika and tumeric. Stuff the chickens with the orange halves.
2. Press the CHICKEN/MEAT button and the cook time selector once (for 40 min high pressure).
3. Add the oil to the inner pot. Once the oil is hot, add the onions and garlic. Sauté for about 3 minutes.
4. Add tomato paste and stir well. Add the seasoning packet and stir.
5. Add the chickens to the inner pot and all remaining ingredients.
6. Place the lid on the cooker, lock the lid and switch the pressure valve to CLOSED.
7. Once the timer reaches zero, switch the pressure valve to OPEN. Once the pressure has been released, unlock the lid.
8. Take the chickens out and place on a platter. Discard the oranges from the sauce and put the remaining sauce in a blender or food processor. Blend well until combined about one minute. Pour over the chicken and serve over noodles or rice.