Last Updated on May 17, 2022 by Share My Kitchen
If your stomach is growling while you’re out and about, it’s time to get something quick to eat. However, vegetarians may find this tough. What are the best vegetarian Subway choices?
Subway offers a variety of bread, cheeses, vegetables, and sauces that can be used to make your perfect vegetarian sandwich. Additionally, they serve an egg and cheese sandwich, which is full of protein all day. Moreover, you can opt for bread with a build your own salad.
Can You Easily Order as a Vegetarian at Subway?
Subway makes it easy to order a meal as a vegetarian. In addition, they allow you to build your own sandwich or salad using all their ingredients. So, you can grab a quick and filling vegetarian meal in a matter of minutes.
The easy access style makes Subway shine. What’s more, an employee behind a counter of endless sandwiches and salads greets you when you decide to go into a Subway, which is everywhere.
Then, you may be enjoying your meal in no time.
Vegetarian Choices at Subway
Subway, especially, offers a wide range of ingredients you can use to build your own sandwich or salad.
Vegetarian Sandwiches at Subway
Since the beginning, the classic veggie delight has been available. Furthermore, this veggie-loving sandwich is made with the bread, cheese, dressing, and vegetables of your own choice.
Veggie Delight Wrap
This is the same customizable veggie sandwich but in your favorite flavor wrap.
The Egg & Cheese
An egg and cheese sandwich is a nutritious, protein-rich meal at any time of day. Conversely, Subway’s egg & cheese sandwich features eggs melt-in-your-mouth cheese on a toasted folded flatbread. As a matter of fact, you may also add your preferred toppings.
Veggie Delite Salad
You can use the veggie delite salad to build your own salad. Moreover, it’s simple to make a delicious, bread-free meal with all the ingredients you have at your disposal.
Which ingredients at Subway are vegetarian?
Subway, as mentioned before, is all about building your own sandwich or meal. This all begins with a wide range of ingredients.
What Vegetarian Breads Are Available at Subway?
- Italian herbs & cheese
- Hearty Italian
- Parmesan oregano
- Roasted garlic
- Rosemary & sea salt
- Jalapeno cheese
- Monterey cheddar
- 9-grain wheat
- 9-Grain honey oats
- Multi-grain flatbread
- Gluten-free bread
Although every subway has a different bread selection, they might not have all the options.
What Vegetables are Offered at Subway?
- Green Peppers
- Banana peppers
What Cheeses are Offered at Subway?
However, each Subway restaurant may not offer all cheese options.
What Vegetarian Sauces are Offered at Subway?
- Regular mayo
- Light mayo
- Subway vinaigrette
- Chipotle southwest
- Sweet onion
- Creamy Italian
- Golden Italian
- Honey mustard
- Savory caesar
Restaurants may also have different sauce options.
Build Your Own Vegetarian Sandwich Subway Ideas
Given that the freedom to make your own sandwiches is what makes it popular. These are just a few options:
- Egg and cheese with feta cheese and tomatoes
- Toasted veggie
- Barbeque sauce with onions, toasted cheese, peppers, and mushrooms,
- Egg and cheese with avocado and sriracha
- Lettuce, cucumber, and carrots with tzatziki sauce
- Chipotle Southwest with pepper jack cheese and veggies.
- Egg and cheese with mushrooms and swiss cheese
- Buffalo ranch veggie Delite® sandwich
What Vegetarian Sides Are Available at Subway?
A crunchy potato chip will always be the classic side dish for a sandwich. So, Subway will have your favorite side dish:
- Lay’s original
- Lay’s Barbeque
- Lay’s Salt & Vinegar
Does Subway offer desserts?
Subway offers two sweet options: cookies and applesauce.
Will Subway Offer More Vegetarian Choices Soon?
Subway is testing new vegetarian options at some of its restaurants. In the long run, these options may make it onto the full-time menus.
In Washington, D.C., three vegan sandwiches have been tested:
- The Malibu Greek: A falafel patty with vegetables
- Italian Black Bean: A spicy black bean patty
- Sweet Riblet: A Barbeque vegan “riblet” patty
Does Subway Offer Meatless Meatballs?
You may prefer the meatball marinara subs at Subway if you are not a vegetarian.
As a matter of fact, Subway is working with Beyond Meat to produce meatless meatballs for their restaurants.
Although the meatless meatballs can only be found in a few restaurants at the moment, they can become a staple item on the menu due to the increasing popularity of plant-based meat products.
Vegetarian Subway Choices Outside of the US
It seems that vegetarian options are always available in other countries, but they don’t make it to the US market. Check out some of these choices:
Subway in the UK, Vegetarian Options
- TLC Sub: The sub that “tastes like chicken” is a vegan patty that simulates chicken made with soy.
- Plant Patty: A sandwich made from vegetable patties.
- Vegan Cheese Toasted Bite: a ciabatta roll filled with cheese and veggies, then toasted to perfection.
- Vegan Garlic Aioli Wrap: A wrap filled with vegetables, a plant patty, and a delicious garlic aioli.
Vegetarian Options at Subway in Finland
- Vegan Delite: It is a meat-free “steak sub” made with a spicy, soy, and vegetable-based steak patty. Then, you can add your favorite sauces and vegetables to it.
Vegetarian Options at Subway in India
- Corn and peas: a sandwich filling created with corn, peas, and carrots. It’s then mixed with vegan mayo and topped with lettuce, tomatoes, and onions on the bread of your choice.
- Aloo Patties: A patty sandwich created from a base of potatoes, vegetables, and spices.
- Hara Bhara Kebab: A patty made with potatoes, spinach, herbs, and peas.
- Mexican Patty: This is a patty made with beans and spicy Mexican flavors
- Paneer Tikka: Marinated cottage cheese pieces with barbeque sauce.
- Tandoori Tofu: tofu cubes served in a spicy tandoori with your favorite fresh veggies.
- Veg Seekh: A delicious patty made with potatoes, vegetables, and spices.
- Veg Shammi Kebab: A round patty sandwich made with lentils, vegetables, and spices.
- Chatpata Chana: A chickpea, onion, and pepper filling.
Vegetarian Options at Subway in Singapore
- Meatless Chicken Schnitzel Sandwich: The patty makes use of a soy protein base with added animal-derived egg whites
In conclusion, Subway is an excellent option for vegetarians who need a quick meal. You are certain to build the perfect sandwich with all of the a la carte options.