Last Updated on June 8, 2022 by Share My Kitchen
Instant Pot Jasmine Rice is perfect, fluffy, and incredibly simple to prepare. You don’t even need a rice cooker to make delicious, perfectly cooked rice to use for your stir-fry dinners!
Jasmine rice is simply the best. It’s delicious and perfect for any stir-fry recipe. It might surprise you to find out that leftover rice can be used for fried rice.
You can eat jasmine rice with honey balsamic chicken with crispy vegetables. You can also serve jasmine rice to soak up the flavorful creamy wine sauce in a chicken with a mustard sauce recipe.
Or, you can simply eat jasmine rice with some butter.
There might be other foods better than buttery rice, right? Maybe some creamy risotto.
Making jasmine rice is easy in your pressure cooker. This recipe uses an Instant Pot, but this can work in any type of electric pressure cooker.
You need three cups of rice. However, you can also make as little as one cup using this method. It is okay to make lots of rice since you can keep the rice cooked in the freezer or fridge to use for other meals.
The correct ratio is 1:1, so it is quite easy to remember. Water is typically used, but you can also use broth. Don’t worry, the jasmine rice’s flavor stands out on its own.
You may also add some oil to prevent the rice from sticking together. Coconut oil is wonderful, as it complements the rice’s flavor so well. However, you can use any oil or butter. Also, salt is a key ingredient to enhance the rice’s flavors, especially if it’s being cooked in water.
When cooking rice in a pressure cooker, it is important to rinse the rice before you start to cook. Rinsing rice will prevent it from foaming too much and sputtering through the valve.
This jasmine rice is irresistible, so you’ll want to make a large batch!
- 3 cups jasmine rice (read notes)
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon oil (coconut oil, olive oil, butter)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Rinse the rice well in a fine-mesh strainer until the water runs clear.
- Then, add the rice to the insert of a 6-quart Instant Pot. Add the oil, water, and salt. Also, push down any rice on the sides of the pot, so that all of it is submerged in liquid.
- Secure the cover and turn the valve to seal the Instant Pot. Then, set it to Pressure Cook for 5 minutes, or on Manual, high pressure. After the timer goes off, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes. In simpler words, let it be for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes have passed, quick release any pressure remaining. Take off the lid, fluff rice with a fork, and serve it.
FAQs When Making Instant Pot Jasmine Rice:
How long does jasmine rice take to cook in a pressure cooker?
Jasmine rice can be cooked in a pressure cooker for 5 minutes on high, then release the pressure naturally for 10 minutes.
What is the rice to water ratio for cooking rice in the Instant Pot?
The ideal ratio for rice to water is 1:1. Therefore, you will need 1 cup of water or broth for every 1 cup of rice.
What setting do I use?
You can use a manual setting, but you can also use the rice setting. Just remember to set the time to match the recipe.
- 3 cups of uncooked rice make approximately 9 cups of cooked rice.
- As long as you follow the ratio of 1 cup of rice: to 1 cup of water, you can easily adjust the amount. The cooking time is the same: Pressure cook for 5 minutes with natural release after 10 minutes. However, it will take the Instant Pot longer to reach full pressure.