Last Updated on August 7, 2022 by Share My Kitchen
The Olive Garden Spinach Artichoke Dip is a delicious, cheesy appetizer that’s a favorite at the restaurant. With this copycat recipe, you can make it at home easily.
Who doesn’t like going to the Olive Garden? Every weekend, Olive Garden is jam-packed. So, getting there early for meals is best if you plan on going. You can also enjoy a drink and an appetizer at the bar while waiting for your table to be ready.
Why is Olive Garden’s Spinach Artichoke Dip so special?
The sauce consists of five types of cheese: mozzarella, parmesan, romano, Asiago, and cream cheese. You will love this flavorful, creamy dip.
The list of things you will need:
- Three tablespoons of butter.
- 3 (Three) tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Five ounces of frozen chopped spinach.
- ½ teaspoon chopped garlic
- ¼ cup artichokes, diced artichokes (I like to use marinated).
- Half cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- ½ cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- One tablespoon of Asiago cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon of shredded Romano cheese
- Two tablespoons of cream cheese.
- ¼ cup Mozzarella cheese for the top
You can use chopped frozen spinach. But, after it has thawed, make sure you squeeze out any liquid. You do not want your drop to be watery.
For the artichokes, you can use marinated ones. The Olive Garden uses the plain variety. However, because marinated artichokes have more flavor, this recipe deliberately varies.
How to Make Olive Garden Spinach Artichoke Dip
- First, thaw the spinach, and squeeze out any excess liquid.
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a medium saucepan.
- Then, add flour and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add in the milk and stir until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Next, add spinach, artichokes, garlic, Parmesan, Mozzarella, Asiago, Romano, and cream cheese.
- Stir the mixture until it has warmed thoroughly.
- Place the mixture in an oven-proof dish, then sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
- Finally, broil until the top starts to brown.
What to Serve with Spinach Artichoke Dip?
Olive Garden Spinach and Artichoke Dip are best with fresh thinly-sliced baguettes, buttered and toasted in the oven. Delicious crostini are a must-have!
You could also eat this dip with breadsticks, but it’s best to eat it with buttery, crispy toast.
It can also be a perfect dip with tortilla chips or pita chips.