Last Updated on May 2, 2022 by Share My Kitchen
If you’re looking for an appetizer to make on Thanksgiving, this Split Pea Soup recipe made with the Power Quick Pot is the way to go!
SPLIT PEA SOUP Using Power Quick Instant Pot
• 2 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 Medium onion, chopped
• 1 large celery stalk, chopped
• 2 large garlic cloves, minced
• 1 pound split peas
• 6 cup vegetable stock
• 1 ham bone
• 1 large carrot, chopped
• 1 large Idaho potato, peeled and chopped
• 2 Bay leaves
• 1 teaspoon dried thyme
• 2 cup leftover ham, chopped
• 0.25 cup parsley, chopped
1. Place the Inner Pot in the Power Quick Pot.
2. Heat the oil in the Power Quick Pot set to Sautee, Vegetable. Sautee the onions and celery for 5 mins. until translucent.
3. Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 mins.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients aside from the ham and parsley, secure the Lid, and set to Pressure, Beans, Medium.
4. Naturally Release, remove the Lid, and stir in the ham and parsley.