Last Updated on May 2, 2022 by Share My Kitchen
Want to surprise your loved one with sweet Glazed Cherry Bonbon Cookies for Valentine’s? These cookies are crisp and tender with maraschino cherries in the centre. Grab your ingredients, turn on your oven, and cut some parchment paper for this cookie glaze.
Glazed Cherry Bonbon Cookies Recipe
For the cookies
- 24 maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
For the Cherry Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- Place maraschino cherries on paper towels to drain, then set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix the butter and powdered sugar until you get a light and fluffy consistency
- Mix in vanilla to the batter well.
- Get another bowl, then add flour and salt together and stir.
- Bit by bit, add the flour and salt mixture to the creamed mixture then mix using a fork.
- Add the milk and stir.
- Get a portion of the mixture and flatten it out. Then, wrap it around a maraschino cherry to form a ball.
- Place the formed ball on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Continue wrapping the remaining cherries.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Take them out of the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Make the cherry glaze by mixing powdered sugar, butter, and maraschino cherry juice in a separate bowl.
- Mix well until it becomes smooth. Remember that you can thin your glaze with water if it is too thick.
- Once the cookies are cool, dip the cookie tops into the glaze.
- Then, place them back on the wire rack.