Last Updated on February 18, 2022 by Share My Kitchen
I had a sudden craving for something flavorful, gooey and chocolaty. I found the recipe for these brownies at cookinglight.com (I’m serious!). Dense, moist, and chocolaty, and at just 147 calories apiece, it sounded all right.
Since then I’ve prepared these brownies so many times, I already know the recipe by heart.
By gentle, yet insistent request I’ve tried the same recipe, adding a big handful of raw chopped walnuts, and it worked amazingly well too. Reducing the sugar a bit worked for me, but you should try this yourself.
Easy Fudgy Light Brownies Recipe
Makes 16 squares
Preparation time: 35 minutes
- 120g (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 60g (½ cup) unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 40g (⅓ cup) butter
- 60g (2 oz) dark chocolate,
- chopped 100g (1 cup) to 70g granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 60ml (¼ cup) low-fat milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, and salt in a mixing bowl and stir.
- Melt on low heat butter and chocolate, stirring till smooth, and set aside to cool a bit. Add sugar and whisk, till it partially dissolves. Add egg yolks, egg, and vanilla extract and whisk to combine everything.
- Add butter mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Pour batter into 20cm. (8-inch) square baking pan. If you use a metal or ceramic, you have to coat it with butter or cooking spray. As I use silicon mold I skip this step.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, till a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out quite clean.
- Cool on a rack and cut in squares when the brownies are completely cooled.
How Can You Resist These Fudgy Brownies?
Some of you have probably noticed by now that I’m not an experienced baker.
And as I was motivated to become a better bread baker, I was neglecting the sweet side of baking for a long time. But having a sweet tooth, it was inevitable that sooner or later I would start.
Who knows why I had the first go right after a long chat with a friend of mine, talking about… diets.