Last Updated on December 3, 2022 by Share My Kitchen
These “healthy” Coconut and Dark Chocolate Patties with Peppermint are made with unsweetened shredded coconut, maple syrup, and 85% dark chocolate. Dark chocolate and peppermint are both known for their strong, yet delicious flavor. These two ingredients go well together and complement each other in a way that makes these treats so popular.
They are also easy to make, and they make wonderful gifts. You can whip up a batch in less than 10 minutes! You can make it with your kids or friends. It’s a great party favor and easy to make ahead.
Coconut and Dark Chocolate Patties with Peppermint Recipe
- 3 cups of Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- ¼ cup of Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp of Peppermint Oil
- ½ tbsp of Coconut Oil
- ½ cup of Dark Chocolate
- In a food processor, place the Unsweetened Shredded Coconut (3 cups).
- Blend on high until the mixture forms a coarse paste. Stop the food processor and scrape down the sides of the bowl as you go.
- Add Maple Syrup (1/4 cup), Coconut Oil (1 tsp) and Peppermint Oil (1 tsp) to this mixture.
- Then, blend on high for a few minutes more until the ingredients are well combined.
- Take a tablespoonful of the mixture, firmly pack it together, shape it into a ball, and flatten it into a disc. Place the disc on a cooling rack or baking paper-lined tray. You should get 12 patties. To harden, place in the refrigerator.
- Next, melt the dark chocolate (1/2 cup) and the remaining coconut oil (1 tsp). Remove the Coconut and Dark Chocolate Peppermint Patties from the fridge and throw away the baking paper.
- Dip the patties in the melted dark chocolate with a fork. Then, tap off the excess chocolate and place on a cooling rack. Put it back in the fridge to harden.