Last Updated on August 21, 2023 by Share My Kitchen
Some people prepare and fry steaks the same way, and then serve them without any sauce or toppings. But, you can do this simpler and more popular method known as Bife Milanesa.
- 6 pieces Round steak or sirloin, 1/4″ thick slices
- to taste Salt & pepper
- 1 small Onion, cut in thin slices
- 2 large Eggs
- Olive oil
- 6 slices Mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices Boiled ham
- 1-1/2 cups Crushed tomato
- 1/2 cup Beef stock
- to taste Fresh oregano
- First, flatten the steaks lightly, and season them with salt, pepper, and onion. Allow seasonings to soak in for a while, so put the steaks aside. Then, beat the eggs and season with salt. Dip the beef in flour, then egg, then flour again.
- In a large sauté pan, heat about 1 inch of oil to 365°F. Fry the steaks on both sides until crisp and evenly browned. Take it out from the pan, and assemble in an ovenproof baking dish. Each steak should be topped with a slice of ham and cheese.
- Bring the tomato to boil in a small saucepan. Then, add beef stock and oregano, and simmer for a few more minutes. Pour the sauce over the steaks, and heat for approximately 8 minutes, until it is hot and the cheese has melted. Serve with thinly cut French fries.