Last Updated on May 2, 2022 by Share My Kitchen
Although there are many cornbread recipes, The Patti Labelle hot water cornbread recipe has been a favorite and it is very easy to make. It gained its popularity because of its delicious taste.
Why Is Patty Labelle Cornbread Popular
Paula Deen, a celebrity chef, has made this fried cornbread recipe available and it is one of her most popular dishes. This delicious recipe yields a perfect side dish or snack that works for any meal. You may serve these corn cakes with mustard sauce or ketchup.
You can easily find the ingredients to make cornbread in any local supermarket. The wonderful flavors are a result of the perfect combination of all ingredients. Plus, you may add finely chopped vegetables that are mixed in well to spread evenly.
How To Make this a thin crispy fried cornbread
The Patty Labelle hot water cornbread should be deep-fried in hot oil until it turns golden brown, and should have a crispy texture but be soft inside.
This recipe is very easy to prepare and extremely efficient. To make perfect hot water cornbread, follow the steps in the recipe.
Recipe For Patty Labelle Hot Water Cornbread
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 2 cups of canola oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cups of hot water
Step-by-Step Instructions To Make Hot Water Cornbread
- Begin by heating oil over a medium-high fire in a large cast-iron pan for about 1-2 minutes before frying.
- Next, mix together yellow cornmeal with salt, sugar, green onion, and thyme in a mixing bowl. Then, stir in hot water until it is completely smooth.
- You need to make sure that the batter is smooth and free from lumps. Wet your hands before you flatten the batter into large tablespoonfuls.
- Once the oil is heated, cook the cornbread in small batches for 5 minutes. Turn and cook each side until they are golden brown and crispy.
- After they’re cooked, use paper towels to drain the hot water cornbread. Serve with your favorite condiments.
Summary Table of Patty Labelle Cornbread Recipe
|Prep Time:||5 minutes|
|Cook Time:||10 minutes|
|Total Time:||15 minutes|