Last Updated on September 10, 2022 by Share My Kitchen
Hi, everyone! Are you looking for the perfect recipe to sweeten your summer? Well, this Honey Pound Cake recipe is a perfect choice! It will definitely taste like something that your grandmother, great-grandmother, and great-aunt are famous for. Don Victor honey, premium honey on the market, will help you to adapt a classic recipe into modern times. This will become a family favorite, promise!
Using Honey In The Kitchen
Although honey is often thought of in a traditional context, honey can be used in many different ways. You’ll be amazed at how many uses honey can have in your kitchen, whether you use pure honey or any of the flavored honeys. It’s also a great substitute for refined sugar.
You can use honey in baking, cooking, or making delicious cocktails. A lot of people also use honey for their beauty regimens, as well as to relieve cold/flu symptoms.
Honey Pound Cake – The Recipe
What is the key to this Honey Pound Cake recipe? Honey! If you haven’t used honey in the kitchen, what are you waiting for?
|Prep Time||10 mins|
|Cook Time||50 mins|
|Cooling Time||15 mins|
|Total Time||1 hr 15 mins|
- Stand mixer/hand mixer
- 2 c cake flour
- 2.25 sticks unsalted butter softened
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1/2 c Don Victor Honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp Kentucky bourbon optional
- fresh berries for serving
HONEY POUND CAKE INSTRUCTIONS
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9×5 loaf pan generously. Then, line it with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together honey, vanilla extract, eggs, and milk. Add bourbon to this mixture if you wish.
- Then, sift the cake flour, kosher salt, and baking powder.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl. Then, scrape the bowl down. In three equal increments, add egg/vanilla/honey to the mixing bowl. Mix until well combined, and scrape the bowl after each third addition of egg/vanilla/honey.
- Mix in remaining dry ingredients (sifted flour, kosher salt, and baking powder) a little bit at a time, on low speed. Just mix until everything is incorporated.
- Once the batter is well combined (make sure everything at the bottom of the bowl of dry ingredients is included), then pour it into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes. At 45 minutes, use a toothpick/skewer to check the cake. Once the toothpick/skewer comes out clean, it is ready.
- Let it cool for about 10 to 15 minutes. Slice, serve with fresh berries, and top with more honey, if you so desire.