Last Updated on June 16, 2022 by Share My Kitchen
This is how you can cook frozen burgers in the oven without having to defrost them. Have some moist and tasty ground beef or turkey patties baked in the oven.
Are you looking for a way to make frozen burgers in an oven? Here are the directions. Even if you have only frozen ground beef, you can still save your dinner. Using an oven to cook your frozen meat instead of a grill can still give you tender and delicious patties.
How to Cook Frozen Turkey Burgers in the Oven
For either turkey or ground beef, you would use the same timing and directions. However, you will notice a difference if your patties are thicker.
It should not change other than that. Perhaps you want to add cheese to the top? You can simply add it about 1-2 minutes before the cooking time ends, so it can melt properly.
Cheeseburgers with sharp slices of cheddar cheese are absolutely amazing. Also, after your cheeseburgers are cooked, you will want to make sure that you have all of your favorite toppings. You can obviously add tomato slices, lettuce, mustard and ketchup to your fluffy buns. But, you can choose to add some pickles to the mix, and some potato chips in there!
How to Cook Frozen Burgers Using An Oven
To accomplish this task, you will need two pieces of “equipment.” Don’t worry, you might already have both of these items in your cupboard.
- For easier cleanup, wrap your baking sheet with foil.
- Place a wire rack over it to allow the grease from the meat to drip off. This will let the meat get a little crispy on the outside.
- Choose your favorite hamburger brand right out of the freezer.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides as it bakes to add some flavor.
That is it! Simply preheat your oven to 350°F, then place your patties in and add cheese towards the end if you prefer.
Now, here’s a question that you might be asking right now:
Are Frozen Burgers as Good as Fresh Ones?
Truthfully, you won’t likely taste the difference. However, one major difference is that fresh patties spoil quickly, while the other can be stored in your freezer for several months. You can get tender protein from either frozen or defrosted.
There are detailed instructions available below. But, this part will highlight how easy it is to do.
This will help you to stop worrying about dinner again. People are naturally forgetful sometimes, so being able to cook frozen meat is a huge game-changer.
|Course:||Entree, Main Course|
|Prep Time:||5 minutes|
|Cook Time:||25 minutes|
- 4-8 hamburgers frozen patties
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- First, preheat the oven to 420°F. Cover the baking sheet with aluminum, and place a wire rack over the top. You can place as many frozen beef or turkey burger patties on top of the wire rack without them overlapping.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper on the frozen burger patties. Then, bake on the middle rack for approximately 15 minutes. However, keep in mind that it still depends on thickness and how done you like them.
- Open the oven, and flip each piece over.
- Bake frozen hamburger patties for another 10 minutes. You can also use a meat thermometer to check if they have reached 160°F in the middle.
- Add 1 slice of cheese to each patty, and bake for 1 additional minute to melt them. Take the patties out of the oven, then season again and serve on buns.
Cooking Frozen Burgers
Cook Frozen Burgers on the Stove
This method will require some water. You will need to steam them with a lid on, and enough liquid to cover the bottom of the pan. This is a great way to cook burgers if you don’t want your entire house to be heated.
Cook the burgers with the lid on over medium heat until they are no longer raw in the middle. Then, remove the lid and flip the burgers. Cook until the water has evaporated and both sides are browned.
Cook Frozen Burgers on an Instant Pot
Perhaps you want to cook your frozen ground meat using an Instant Pot? This is great if you only want to cook the hamburger and then put it in a casserole. It is recommended to use a grill instead. Those patties will turn out fantastic.
Cook Frozen Burgers in an Air Fryer
Cooking frozen hamburgers in an Air Fryer is also possible. The air fryer basket has small holes that allow the grease to drain. Therefore, it functions in the same way as an oven.
Each of these methods takes less than 30 minutes to accomplish. It does not matter if you bake the hamburgers, smoke or grill them, you will make a delicious, protein-packed meal for everyone.
Now, what do you do about any leftover meat? You can either warm it the next day and put it on a new bun, or you can cut it up and add it to your spaghetti. This is a great way not to waste food. However, it may not be your style, so you can try other options for next-day ideas.