Last Updated on February 18, 2022 by Share My Kitchen
This is probably the easiest and quickest way to turn broccoli into an elegant and delicious dish. It goes well with all sorts of white wines.
How To Make The Easiest Broccoli With Cheese
- 450g broccoli
- 250ml milk 110g cheddar (or kashkaval) cheese 50g plain flour 50g butter ½ tsp mustard
- Salt and Pepper
- Cut the broccoli into florets and steam until they are “al dente”and retain a little crunch.
Arrange in a flameproof dish.
- In a heavy bottom pan, melt the butter, add the milk, flour and heat, stirring continuously until the sauce boils, thickens and is smooth.
- Allow to simmer for a further 2 minutes.
Add three-quarters of the grated cheese, mustard, and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook for further minute or two, stirring well.
- Pour the sauce over the broccoli and sprinkle with the remaining of the cheese. Place under a hot grill or in the oven until golden brown.