Last Updated on May 2, 2022 by Share My Kitchen
Looking for the perfect appetizer or snack to make in your air fryer? You should try this frozen popcorn chicken in an air fryer.
You’ll just need your air fryer and your favorite frozen popcorn chicken, and you’ll be dipping it in your favorite dip within minutes.
Popcorn chicken tastes perfectly with dipping sauces like plum or sweet and sour. It can also be used in quick and simple meals!
Before You Air Fry Frozen Popcorn Chicken
These are the best tips to consider before you make frozen popcorn chicken in an air fryer.
- These frozen popcorn chickens don’t need extra oil. Most brands offer breading with the chicken that is added to make them crispy.
- You don’t even need to defrost the popcorn chicken before you can use it in the air fryer. Simply take it out of the freezer, then cook.
- Spread the frozen popcorn chicken on the air fryer tray in order to allow them to crisp up evenly.
- 1 pound frozen popcorn chicken
- your preferred dipping sauce
How to air fry frozen popcorn chicken
You may continue rest assured because frozen popcorn chicken is easy to make in an air fryer.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Then, put the frozen popcorn chicken into the air fryer.
- Spread them in an even layer to ensure they cook evenly and crisp up evenly. You can cook popcorn chicken in batches or make less if you don’t have enough space in your air fryer.
- The popcorn chicken should be cooked for 10 minutes. And don’t forget to shake the air fryer basket another shake after 5 minutes.
- You can bake the popcorn chicken for a little longer if you like it to be extra crispy.
- Once the popcorn chicken is cooked, take it out of the air fryer and add your favorite dip sauce. It is recommended to use plum or sweet and sour sauces!
Store Your Air Fried Popcorn Chicken
Frozen popcorn chicken from an air fryer is best served immediately while it’s hot. And if there are leftovers, they can be stored in a sealed container in your refrigerator.
The leftovers can stay crispy and crunchy for up to 24 hours depending on which brand. Then, you can eat them cold or heat them in the oven again in the air fryer.
What to Serve Air Fryer Popcorn Chicken With
A tangy dip like plum sauce or sweet and sour sauce is the best way to serve air-fried frozen popcorn chicken. This makes it a wonderful appetizer.
Popcorn chicken can be enjoyed as part of a larger meal. You can make other side dishes such as frozen waffle fries or homemade French fries.
- The time it takes to cook popcorn chicken can vary depending on the brand and air fryer you have.
- You don’t need to oil the chicken or defrost popcorn chicken before you cook it. You can simply place the frozen chicken in the air fryer.
|Cook Time:||10 minutes|
|Additional Time:||3 minutes|
|Total Cook Time:||13 minutes|