Last Updated on August 4, 2022 by Share My Kitchen
People all over the Internet are sharing their TikTok garlic bread recipes, so there is no shortage of variations of this bread recipe.
You might have tried a few, but this one is the best. It’s the cheesy garlic loaf recipe that you’ve been looking for. It is ideally done with French bread, a lot of garlic, and the right amount of spices. This melty cheese, with a golden brown broil, is enough to have as a meal on its own.
This garlic bread recipe is not similar to a crusty parmesan bread recipe where the focus is on the grated parmesan cheese. This recipe focuses more on garlic and cheese and tastes like an authentic cheese pizza.
Bread recipes are versatile. It can be made in many ways, and you will still get something delicious. This cheesy garlic bread, however, is it. This is simply the best TikTok garlic bread recipe.
If you feel extra daring, serve it with the Tiktok Baked Ziti with Ricotta. Talk about a carb-loaded coma in all its best forms!
Tiktok Garlic Bread
Nothing is better than eating homemade, fresh from-the-oven Cheesy Garlic Bread. You’re missing out if you’ve never made garlic bread at home and only eaten it in restaurants.
This Italian classic is so easy to make that you will be amazed why you haven’t tried making some before. Simply slice the loaf lengthwise, then coat it with the perfect ratio of olive oil, minced fresh garlic, fresh herbs, mozzarella, and parmesan.
Once you are done baking, the Cheesy Garlic Bread will come out beautifully soft and gooey. It will just have the right amount of crispiness on the outside, and you won’t be able to resist after one piece.
What Main Dish Pairs Perfectly with Cheesy Garlic Bread?
This Cheesy Garlic Bread pairs wonderfully with pasta. For a more hearty meal, you can dip it in chilies and soups. You can also pair your garlic bread with a simple salad if you’re looking to make a complete meal out of it.
It’s actually hard to find a recipe that you can’t combine with this incredible bread!
What Kind of Bread Can I Use for Tiktok Garlic Bread?
French and Italian breads are the most popular for making Cheesy Garlic Bread. They have soft, chewy interiors that remain delicate even after baking. Pretzel bread and Texas toast are also great options.
However, this recipe is versatile so you can also use any other breads you prefer. It’s sure to be a hit with everyone!
You can replace regular sliced bread with this Cheesy Garlic Bread to make your next sandwich extraordinary. Or, you can use Cheesy Garlic buns instead of plain bratwurst buns to impress your neighbors and friends on your next game night.
Keep in mind that any type of bread can be used, but the texture will be different from French or Italian breads. You may also need to reduce the oil mixture if you want to use smaller slices or loaves.
Can I Use Different Types of Cheese?
Yes! If you try various types of cheese, you can expand the use of Cheesy Garlic Bread beyond an Italian meal.
You can make Cheese Garlic Bread as an accompaniment to the Mexican-inspired Cheesy Beef and Tortilla Casserole. Just substitute the mozzarella with cheddar and pepper jack cheeses, and use cotija instead of parmesan.
Or, you can substitute feta for the mozzarella to get a Mediterranean taste. These are other cheeses you can substitute for mozzarella. However, it is important that any cheese you use be young and not aged so that it melts:
- Colby Jack
- Monterey Jack
Can I Use Garlic Powder or Pre-minced Garlic Instead of Fresh Ones?
For this Cheesy Garlic bread, it is not recommended to use anything other than fresh minced garlic.
Your bread won’t taste the same if you use dried, powdered, or jarred garlic.
Can I Store and Reheat Cheesy Garlic Bread?
For later use, Cheesy Garlic Bread should be frozen, not refrigerated. Leaving the bread in the fridge will dry it out. Wrap it in aluminum foil, and seal it in an airtight freezer bag. Squeeze out as much air as you can.
This bread can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
It is easy to reheat Cheesy Garlic bread.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Then, transfer the whole or sliced bread, still wrapped in aluminum foil, to a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until warmed through.
Cheesy Garlic Bread Recipe
- Sheet Pan
- 1 loaf French Bread cut in half down the middle lengthwise
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3 tbsp. Fresh Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp. Thyme
- 1 tbsp. Oregano dried
- 1/2 tbsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 8 oz. Mozzarella cheese 1 bag should be fine
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. You can take out the pans first.
- Cut French bread lengthwise to make two halves.
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, grated Parmesan cheese, and all spices. Then, use a silicone basting brush to mix the ingredients.
- Spread the olive oil mixture evenly on both halves. Divide it equally between them. The mixture is sure to be thick with the grated cheese and minced garlic, but it will still be easy to divide. Be sure to work around the edges, and not just in the middle.
- Divide an 8 oz. bag of Mozzarella Cheese between the two slices. You can use “Creamy Melt” cheese.
- Then, leave bread in the oven for 10 minutes
- Change oven to broil, then carefully move the rack right below broil.
- Next, broil the top of the garlic bread for about 3 minutes. Make sure to check for any burning. Broiling can be fast and unpredictable, depending on the oven, so don’t leave it unattended. It is important to check the oven every minute until it is done, and rotate the pan as needed. Broiling is a skillful process, but it produces beautiful brown cheese on the garlic bread.