Last Updated on May 2, 2022 by Share My Kitchen
This recipe is an exact copy of Old Chicago’s Italian Nachos. It includes crispy fried wonton chip, Italian sausage crumbles, pepperoni rings, and melted mozzarella cheese, and then served with marinara sauce.
Are you familiar with Old Chicago’s Italian Nachos? They are so delicious!
Why is Old Chicago Italian Nachos Different?
This recipe for Italian Nachos uses wonton chips instead of pasta chips.
After searching for something that would be similar to Old Chicago’s “pasta chips,” wonton wrappers are the closest and best choice. Plus, it’s a big hit!
They have a slight saltiness so it does not need salt added to them.
Ingredients for Old Chicago’s Italian Nachos
- Wonton Wrappers
- Ground Italian Pork Sausage
- Mild Pepper Rings
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Marinara Sauce
- Vegetable or Canola Oil
How to Make Old Chicago’s Italian Nachos
- Start by cutting the wonton wrappers diagonally in half to make triangles.
- Next, for about 2 minutes, fry them in olive oil.
- They may look lighter-colored and it can be hard to tell when they are done. But they will continue to brown after you take them out of the pan.
- Remember that they will be baked in the oven, so they don’t need to be cooked in oil too long. But cook them enough that they’re crispy.
- Then, cook the Italian sausage for approximately 8 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Spread your fried wontons chips on a baking sheet or on a platter, with some of it overlapping.
- Start adding your choice of toppings by layering your them with cooked Italian sausage.
- Next, add a layer of pepperoni.
- Add the pepperoni with banana pepper rings on top.
- For the final touch, add lots of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Put the baking tray or baking sheet in the oven for 5 minutes at 350°F, until the cheese has melted.
- Serve it with marinara sauce. It’s absolutely divine.
|Prep Time:||5 minutes|
|Cook Time:||20 minutes|
|Total Time:||25 minutes|